The use of crossflow filters to treat wine lees has been proving increasingly effective

A really remarkable result that is bound to be of interest to every winery, was achieved during a recent filtering cycle on 28,300 litres of Sauvignon Blanc with 24% solids in suspension. A whole 74.2% of wine was retrieved from the lees, leaving only 25.8% (7,300 litres) of waste product.

It is worth emphasising that this waste product contained a very high proportion of solid residue, which accounted for 86% of the total. Thanks to the Della Toffola crossflow filter, the customer was able to recover 21,000 litres of wine for the market. The photo shows a sample of the wine retrieved and one of the waste product. Get in touch with us today to find out more via